Monday, May 19, 2014

Brown Sugar

When I was first married, I went to a Tupperware party. Where I learned how to make brown sugar, beef jerky, and that Tupperware was way out of my price range.

I have used this brown sugar recipe all of my married life.  Sometimes I make it up, but usually it is mixed right into the recipe.  In almost 35 years of being married, I have purchased maybe 25#s of Brown Sugar.


1 cup white sugar + 2 Tbs molasses = 1 cup brown sugar


When I make cookies calling for 1 cup each brown & white sugar, I simply put 2 cups of white sugar into the recipe and 2 Tbs of molasses.  I quit measuring the molasses about 5 years into it.  After a while, you will be good at measuring it too.

A bottle of molasses on your pantry shelf lasts much longer than 20#s of brown sugar.

Happy SWEET Thrifty day, Pegi

No comments:

Post a Comment